Statistics released July 15 by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were little changed in June 2019 from the previous month.
- National home sales edged back 0.2% month-over-month (m-o-m) in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity ticked up 0.3% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes rose 0.8% m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) climbed 0.3% m-o-m in June but was down 0.3% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price was up 1.7% y-o-y.
Home sales recorded via Canadian MLS® Systems were little changed in June 2019 following a string of monthly gains recorded in March, April and May. Although running close to its 10-year average and up nearly 10% from the six-year low reached in February 2019, activity remains well below levels recorded over much of 2015, 2016 and 2017.